Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Le Dîner

So I had the day off from school today - the other kids were taking Speech and Reading finals and I am not talking those classes. I am done with Sanitation. Monday I got ServSafe certified - which basically means that I should be able to pass a health inspection if I was running a kitchen. I took my Sanitation final yesterday and got a perfect score. So my final grade in that class is a 101.2. Yeah. I more than aced that class.

I did head up to Uchi again today. However, when I arrived, there was about 30 people in that tiny kitchen - apparently they were testing new recipes for the new restaurant. So I was assigned, once again, to micro-brunoise garlic, which I'm getting pretty good at (oops! "at which I'm getting pretty good"). Kaz, the sous in charge of prep today, has me do garlic every shift we work together. I don't mind it. His reasoning is to get me proficient and good at it and it's working. By the time I finished that, the whole prep list was done, and I was free to go. Not too bad.

Tonight, we're off to have straight up French food at Justine's Brasserie down on the East Side. I'll try to take some pictures and let you guys know how it turns out. Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment