Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Parkside

NOTE: This blog was started last night and I fell asleep doing it. So this is the continuation:


Before the rundown on Parkside, we'll go over the school stuff.

Yesterday was potato day 2.













Gaufrette Potaoes (waffle chips - 20); Pommes Dauphines (the lightest, airiest tater tots you've ever tasted - 19 too small); Rissole Potatoes (tournéed potatoes cooked slowly in butter - 20); Pommes Frites (french fries - 20 - we also made aoli as a bonus); Potato Pancake (potato pancake - 20).

Today we knocked out legumes. That's right, it was magical fruit day. According to Chef Waggoner, "The FDA allows up to 1% fecal matter, rocks, and bug parts in your rice and beans. Rinse em good." We made Lentils in Cream - 19 tasty; Refried Black Beans - 19 a little thin and very tasty (especially with the pico, melty Jack cheese and sour cream); White Beans Brettone - 20; and Garbanzo Beans 20.

After anther baller day at Uchi, we hit up Parkside. Wow. I'm just going to run down the list:
-Fried Okra - good
-Madai Sashimi with Cherry Gelee - okay
-Ceviche - yum
-Calamari - meh
-Crab Fritters - goooood
-Grilled Asparagus with Lemon Vinegarette - it was asparagus
-Blonde Paté (containing foie and sent out compliments of the kitchen) with Strawberry Relish - REALLY good
-Mini Oyster Poboys - real tasty
-Like 5 different kinds of raw oysters from Virginia, Canada, and Washington - great
-Sweetbreads with Veal Tongue - ridiculous
-Bone Marrow with Sea Salt on Grilled bread - phenomenal
-Goat Cheese Cheesecake with Basil Ice Cream - toooo basillllly
-Chocolate Peanut Butter Semi-Fredo - yowzers
-Yeast Doughnuts with Honey Ice Cream - delish

I'm kicking myself for forgetting my camera. Pretty much everything was freaking delicious. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough. I'll be back to check out some of the entrees and I'll keep you posted on that.

Quotes:
-Classmate: "Chef, the foodmill hates me." Chef: "Stop being a victim."
-Classmate: "Chef, what if I can't flip the potato pancake in the pan like you did?" Chef: "Flip the kitchen."

1 comment:

  1. I'll make sure to bring my camera for you next time. :) Oh...and the Doughnuts....not just delish. I wanted to smear doughnut all over my face, that's how good it was. Marvelous.

    ReplyDelete