Thursday, June 10, 2010

Shoe Paste

That putanesca turned out great!













Let me know if you want the recipe. I consequently received a 20 on the putanesca I made the next morning. Sorry there aren't pics of the other fresh pastas. We had to crank them out like crazy because our water wasn't boiling until our window opened, so no time for pics.

Wednesday was dry pasta:













Spaghetti Carbonara (bacon n egg pasta), Lasagna with Bolognese Sauce (the cream in the bolognese sauce takes this to a whole new level), Mac n Cheeeeese (cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese). 20, 20, 20. Nailed it.

Today was Dumpling Day 1:













Potato Gnocchi with Brown Butter, Sage, and Shallots - 19, a little flat in shape; Gnocchi Parisian (bottom right) - 20, perfect; and Mustard Spaetzle in Brown Butter (bottom left) - 17 (fail), mustard flavor was faint because we overcooked the dumpling.

Tomorrow is more dumplings. Tonight, I'm gonna check out Mulberry downtown. I'll let you know how that works out.

More jokes:
-From my partner Greg: "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving's not for you."
-When Chef Waggoner was about to rice the potato for the Gnocchi: "You put the potato in. You put the potato out. You put the potato in and you shake it all about. You do the (both chefs in unison) Gnocchi Pokey (they also turned) and you shake it all about."
-Chef Waggoner: "When the Pate a Choux is ready, it will drip off the spoon ever so slowly back into the bowl. It should create the "French "V for victory" - not sure what the French know about victory."
-"I once bought a French rifle. It said "Great shape. Never fired. Only dropped once."

5 comments:

  1. Not sure about the French jokes ;) it's just me...
    But, do you know where the putanesca name for the recipe comes from ? It's a good one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um....can you make me homemade mac & z, pleeeez! That looks flippin' delish. Aaaaaaand....I'll take that "20" Gnocchi Parisian. mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Did: Yea, that putanesca story is great.
    @Keri: Bring me some elbow mac and some cheeeeeese and we'll throw down to China town!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luke, that food looks delicious! I'd, of course, like the recipe please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so ironic because i just did the gnocchi pokey

    ReplyDelete