Thursday, August 12, 2010

Devils on Horseback

So I, unfortunately, have had to drop one of my shifts at Uchi... because I got a regular stage (like mirage) at Mulberry!!!! Tuesday night was a blast! I showed up and made the "Devils on Horseback" from start to finish - made the devil dust to candy the bacon, candied the bacon, cut the figs, added gorgonzola, wrapped it all in bacon - increable!!! Apparently, this is a pretty standard British dish. Although this is not the traditional preparation. The standard is some sort of dried fruit, optional cheese, and it's all wrapped in some sort of pork product - turns out the British did provide something tasty to the culinary world! I also made the pickled veggies for the banh mi sandwich and pesto for the prosciutto sandwich. And then Jacob, the sous chef, was all, "Hey, I'm gonna have you run the pantry station tonight". "Ummmm....what?" Yea, I made all the sandwiches, salads, and apps for the whole service. It was freaking awesome! SO MUCH FUN!!! I'm really pumped to be there on a regular basis and I'm sure it will provide a buttload of interesting blog info.

Tomorrow I'm eating at Estância Churrascaria and then going to see "The Expendables" - Man Day. It's supposed to be as good as Fogo De Chao, I'll be the judge of that. I also hope to get down on some good grub this weekend and hope to even cook some good food this weekend. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment