Sunday, October 31, 2010

Crevettes L'Orange

I actually managed to get off my lazy butt and make some tasty food today!

Almond Gorgonzola Salad













This turned out to be a pretty tasty salad. I used Romaine lettuce, toasted sliced almonds, gorgonzola, and a vinaigrette of fresh OJ, red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and S&P. I garnished it with orange supremes. It was light, crunchy and refreshing!

Crevettes L'Orange













This was delicious and I will make it again for sure, with some tweaks. The idea came from Miss Jane (formerly of Sanitation, currently of Wine). I sautéed some shrimp (a little more than 1/2 way cooked), removed them, and deglazed the pan with Bauchant orange liqueur (originally I was going to use sherry, but ridiculous Texas liquor laws prevent the sale of fortified wine on Sundays). It reduced very quickly. I then added heavy cream and let that reduce just a bit. The shrimp went back in. By then, the fresh linguini (from Central Market) was done (about 3 minutes to cook). I tossed that in with the shrimp and sauce to finish the shrimp. The "tweaks" I referred to include actually using sherry as originally planned, more sauce, and maybe a little red pepper flake.

So there ya go, two blogs in one day. Hopefully that can somewhat make up for my laziness over the last couple weeks. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to admit Luke, I have absolutely no idea what some of the ingredients you are talking about are. I don't understand even half of what you say when you describe how you cook different foods. But does that deter me from wanting to eat any of the food you cook? Hell no!

    10 years ago food like what you describe would scare me and I'd never even give it a chance. But I'm 30 now and my taste buds are changing and after reading some of your posts I'm starting to realize how much good food I could be missing out on by limiting my taste buds to the foods they are most used to because I've been eating them all my life.

    However you have motivated me to step out of my comfort zone and to try new things because of the way you describe some of this food you cook. I guess I will owe it to you for the change in my attitude towards certain foods when I go out there and try something new and fall in love with it. So keep on writing about these wonderful sounding meals and I will keep on reading about them and getting out there and trying new things.

    All I have left to say is "Mmmm Mmmm Mmmmm....this stuff looks and sounds SOOO tasty!"

    ReplyDelete