Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fried Goodness

We hit up The State Fair this weekend for the game (I don't want to talk about it) and to taste it's many tasty, fried wares. Let me begin with saying that there were four of us, we only purchased one of each of these to taste. I didn't eat all of these by myself. Plus, they'll be graded on a scale of 1-10. Let the games begin:

Fried P.B.J.&B's (Fried Elvis)













Yep. It's a peanut butter and banana sandwich that's been battered, fried, topped with jelly and powdered sugar. Amazing! 8

Fried Oreos













Batter-dipped and fried Oreos topped with powdered sugar. What more do I need to say? 9

Fried Margarita













Yep. You read that right. They toss some margarita mix into funnel cake mix and fry it up. Then they pour some actual margarita on that and top it with whipped cream. The rim of the glass is salted and served with a lime wedge. 9

Fried Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough













I know right? Why did we have to wait until 2010 for this to happen? Tasty, but I really needed some milk for this one. 7 (could've been a 9 with milk)

Fried Butter













God Bless Texas! Fried. Butter. I guess they freeze butter pats to be able to batter them and fry em. They topped it with cinnamon-sugar and honey. It ends up tasting like a sopapilla. Great. 8

Fried Beer













No question, I was most excited about this item. I mean, come on, it's fried beer! What's not to love? Well it turns out that fried beer is what's not to love. This was truly awful. Just really, really bad. 1

Corny Dog













You can't go to The Fair and NOT get a Corny Dog, right? Honestly, I've had better. The batter was a little thick, so the cornmeal was gritty, but still, it was a Corny Dog. 7

Fried Frito Pie














They took Frito's Scoops and filled them with chili and cheese. They battered those Frito's Scoops filled with chili and cheese. They fried those battered Frito's Scoops filled with chili and cheese. We ate those fried, battered Frito's Scoops filled with chili and cheese! And they were delicious! 9

Chicken Fried Bacon













10. That's it. Just "10".
I've got a video on "How to Make Gravy" just about finished and will post it tomorrow, hopefully. Also, I started Cost Control and Wine classes last week, so I will hopefully have some interesting factoids to share. Furthermore, with the knowledge now of two kitchen labs and 6 months of staging, I should start coming up with some fun stuff at home. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment