Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Call Me Ace

I might as well change the name of this blog to "Ace What's Cookin'". We had another Sanitation quiz today. We had another Sanitation quiz review before the quiz today. I aced another Sanitation quiz today. As stated yesterday, Sanitation is not going to be super interesting, so these posts might be pretty brief.

Today we covered "Purchasing and Receiving". So....yea, you probably don't care about that info. HOWEVER, last night, I did go to a "Grapeheads" meeting. That's the wine club at LCBCCA. It's hosted by Miss Jane, and man was it fun! We tried seven wines from the Loire Region of France - it follows the Loire River in West-Central France. I learned a lot and mostly that I know nothing about wine. "What aromas are you getting at the bottom of the glass?" Miss Jane would ask. "Peaches" "Green Apple" "Hay" "Currants" were all answers called out by the frequent attendees of the club and people that have already taken or are taking Miss Jane's Wine 101 (I don't take that class for like 6 months) and I'm sitting there thinking "I smell......white wine?" So I have a lot to learn about wine, but this club should be a great step toward expanding my knowledge.

Tomorrow's blog will be late. Why? Because I'll be going straight from school to Uchi to stage (as in mirage) - it's French for training session. I'll pretty much show up at one and work to close doing whatever they tell me to do. I am SUPER excited. It's going to be fun (and challenging) to work in a high end kitchen from prep to service. I'll try to provide a detailed account of this awesome experience. See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. luke, i should take you to a wine 101 class at twin liquors so maybe you can pretend to know something by the time you're actual wine 101 class comes along! :) every other wednesday night, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck yes! Can't go tonight, but let me know when the next one is.

    ReplyDelete