Monday, July 5, 2010

Pork Picnic

So I know it's been another week since my last blog, but with the week off from school, there wasn't a lot of blogworthy food stuff. I did get to try the foie nigiri at Uchi and let me tell you what, if you have the chance to try that and don't, you might as well just stop eating all together. It's delicious.

Saturday, for UFC 116 "The Ripoff", I smoked an 8 pound pork picnic. For the first two hours, I smoked it with hickory. For the next two hours, I smoked it with pecan. Then I rapped it in foil and let it continue to smoke for four more hours. Whilst it bathed in tasty smoke, I made two sauces: a North Carolina-style mustardy, vinegary sauce and one sweeter, Texas-style, molasses sauce. I also made cole slaw from scratch: scratch mayo, apple cider vinegar, celery salt, sugar, pepper, and hand-cut carrots and red and green cabbage. Slap it all on a Mrs Baird's bun and mmmmm mmmmm it was tasty!













School starts back tomorrow morning. I'll be taking Nutrition and Management, so there should be some interesting info to share. I'm also going to see if I can score a stage at Mulberry. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. my flight in Denver got cancelled and i had to stay there overnight. it sucked. but i got home today and cut the grass (it looks great) and then i got a haircut and had a salad for dinner. back to work tomorrow though, so i'm headed to bed. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete