Thursday, July 22, 2010

Uuuuuugh.....

So I've been sick aaaallllllll wwweeeeeeeeekkkk!!! IT SUUUUUCKS!!!! I left class early Monday after the quiz. Missed class Tuesday. Showed back up for Wednesday - good thing I did, cause we had a MidTerm. Awesome. So anything between the quiz and Midterm that was on the Midterm, I had not even seen. Luckily, Chef Beasley did a quick review and everything else that I hadn't seen in class, I'd seen in real life (I-9 forms and W4s and whatnot). I missed class again today, and HOPE to make it in tomorrow. Also, I haven't been to either work all week.

I did smoke some ribs Sunday for my buddy Toby's last day as a civilian. He shipped off to the Navy Monday. Good luck Toby! They were a special request from the soon-to-be sailor and the ribs were killer, as usual.

Needless to say, not a lot of other fun food stuff happening this week. My buddy Scotty Randy did post some old photos of our FameCast Casting Call days and this little gem came up:













That's me in 2008? at Manna - a Korean BBQ joint in downtown LA. This place is awesome! You sit down at a table with a grill in the middle. Someone runs by and lights it. Then someone runs by and drops about 8 random Korean condiments on the table. Then a giant bowl of salad with scissors shows up. Then waters. Mind you, at this point, not one of the servers has said 1 word. Bizarre. Finally, someone shows up and says, "What kind of meat you want?" Now here's where I explain the premise of the restaurant: $16.99. All. You. Can. Eat. Yep. So of course our answer is, "One of everything?" A couple minutes later, they post up a tray next to our table with thin sliced beef, pork belly slices, and marinated beef and chicken. Raw. It's all raw. Cook it yourself. So that's what we did and it was a delight. Our meatfest was also accompanied with some delightful light Korean beer. The thing is, with no starches to fill you up, you just eat and eat and eat. Ahhhh... good times. Thanks for posting that pic Scott. Memories can be a great way to waste an entire day on the couch.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes, Luke! I hope you feel better soon. :( The Korean restaurant sounds like a ton of fun!

    And if you speak to Toby, be sure and tell him thank you from our family. We understand the sacrifice and appreciate it a lot. I know he'll be a great sailor!

    ReplyDelete