Friday, July 16, 2010

Quick Bonus Blog!

After posting that virtually non-food food blog, I got a little bummed. So I marched my happy self over to Vino Vino and said, "I'll have your finest charcuterie plate my good man!" And boy is that what they gave me:













Boudin blanc with mustard, various pickled veggies, chicken liver mousse, country-style pork paté with a grilled peach, and grilled bread. Once again, they nailed it! The chicken liver mousse was not quite mind-blowing, but the rest was just killer. I am resolved (once I get moved) to start working my way through my garde manger book, my "Whole Hog" book, and pick up Chef Brian Polcyn's "Charcuterie". I will be very good at this stuff one day. You just wait.

2 comments:

  1. Did you ride your bike there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saucisson man, Saucisson ! All I have to say about charcuterie (aka charcutaille / between friends)...

    ReplyDelete