Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 11

I really phoned it in on breakfast today:
3 eggs and some salsa. Boo.

Lunch:
Grilled quail tenders w Cholula
Arugula salad

Snack:
3 tablespoons of peanut butter

Dinner:
I made a big ol pot of Chicken Tortilla Soup with no cheese or tortillas for me. Summer got cheese. This made me angry.

I think I'm gonna make some popcorn - stove top, not microwave. This way I control what goes in it.

I miss dessert. And cheese. 1 more day.

EDIT- here's a recipe for the soup:

2 quarts chicken stock
2 cups water
1/2 onion
1 carrot
2 stalks celery
1 zucchini
1 squash
1 bell pepper
^ all small diced
1 ear of corn, cut off the cob, save cob
1/2 jalapeño, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 can rotel, drained

Sauté all veggies but beans, corn, and cilantro in a large pot with salt, cumin, and a little olive oil. Add everything else, including corn cob.

Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for like an hour or so WITH THE LID ON!! Otherwise the liquid will evaporate.

Remove the cob. Check again for seasoning. Garnish with chicken, avocado, cheese, tortilla chips, and/or a lime wedge.

No comments:

Post a Comment